Monday, September 13, 2010

Paintings with OIl & Spray Paint

My most recent series of paintings have involved mixing mediums of Oil & Spray Paints. I have been an oil painter in many types of abstract and realistic styles of art, but for the past few years was I introduced into spray paint. I first used the spray paint in it's normal form, learning from a graffiti artist, Royce A. Moreosheck who taught me how to create and cut out stencils, and then how utilize the difference in Montana Gold spray cans and caps to create multiple types of free hand pictures. I from there experimented like I would always do once I have learned a new medium, "How could I use this with what I do already in my painting? Can I do the unthinkable... can I mix these two, oil and spray paint?" I created my next art show in one of my most profound collection of art in the fall of 2009.


No comments:

Post a Comment